- Energy storage capacity to triple by 2030, if countries double the share of renewables in the world’s energy system
- Governments of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), have established a strategic partnership to accelerate the region’s transition to low-carbon, sustainable energy and build its climate resilience.
- Latin America developing a strong quality infrastructure for Solar PV
- New market rules which will allow large power users to directly meet their renewable power obligations through private supply contracts could lead to up to US$ 6 bn being invested in Argentina's energy sector over the next three years, and lead to the installation of around 4 GW in new generation capacity, the Energy Ministry says.
LNG TRADE IN 2017 TO GROW FASTEST SINCE 2011 ON LOW PRICES, LACK OF NUCLEAR POWER AND RISING SUPPLY CAPACITYBNEF sees LNG demand grow to 280MMtpa this year and to 479MMtpa by 2030. However, new export projects across the U.S. and Australia could lead to supply overcapacity until 2024.
- Governments have agreed to work together to identify and implement measures that will significantly increase the speed of geothermal energy development around the world, following a milestone meeting between public and private leaders Florence this week. Under the terms of the ‘Florence Declaration’ – an outcome of the Global Geothermal Alliance (GGA) meeting – governments will actively pursue a collective ambition to realise geothermal potential.
Schneider Electric is contracted to supply back up power for 3200 Ah Lithium Iron battery for California Solar ProjectIron Edison Battery Company, a Nickel Iron and Lithium Iron Phosphate battery system supplier for solar energy storage, selected Schneider Electric, the specialist in energy management and automation, to supply back up power as part of a solar installation in California.
- California-based global interconnection and colocation data centre company Equinix has signed a 15-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with a subsidiary of Southern Company, under which Bloom Energy solid oxide fuel cells will be installed at 12 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centres in the US.
- Elsevier and the International Solar Energy Society (ISES) announce Dr. Sebastian Groh of ME SOLshare Ltd. as the winner of the Renewable Transformation Challenge.
- UK climbs four places in EY’s Renewable energy country attractiveness index (RECAI)